On Valentine’s Day, we take time to remember those we love. But, this Valentine’s Day, I’d like you to take some time to show yourself a little love.
There are many ways to do that – taking time for yourself, indulging in a little splurge, being with friends or family, or spending time on your favorite pastime. One way that you may not have considered is by securing your financial future.
Poor control over your finances can affect your emotional well-being. A recent study by Quicken found that 52% of the American workforce lives in fear that they will not be able to retire by the age of 65. 33% lose sleep over their financial situation and 20% hide their debt out of embarrassment.
So, this Valentines Day, show yourself a little love by making a commitment to get your financial life under control. Destinations offers many ways to help you find the financial solutions you need.
- Free unlimited financial counseling is available by phone through our partnership with Accel.
- We can take a look at your loans from other financial institutions/dealerships and see if there is a way to lower your interest rate and/or payments.
- Within online banking, we offer a free service called Money Desktop — an account aggregation and financial management tool. You can set up a budget and keep track of where your money is going.
- You can save systematically through payroll deduction or automatic transfers from your accounts.
- Use loan products designed to help you improve your credit, such as our Tax Loan and Second Chance MasterCard.
The road to a secure financial future requires some time, commitment and may involve sacrificing some things now for security later.
Destinations Credit Union